Company Accountant - Urgent! - Cullompton - Circa: £30,000 Negotiable DOE
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been engaged by a past client, a well-established and highly efficient logistical services business based in Cullompton. The company urgently seeks to recruit a Company Accountant, a standalone position where the successful candidate will manage the end-to-end financial health of a growing SME, turnover approx. £5M.
This will be a broad and interesting role where the Company Accountant, working closely with the business directors and senior management team will play a key role in managing all aspects of the accounting function. The successful candidate will have broad interactions with colleagues across all departments, as well as external stakeholders and customers. Key responsibilities to include:
- Maintain the general day-to-day bookkeeping function for the company
- Prepare basic management accounts with commentary for directors
- All aspects of accounts payable management and supplier payment runs
- Manage the accounts receivable function to include aged debtor analysis
- Act as a key point of contact for supplier and customer queries
- Coordinate weekly and monthly internal payroll submissions
- Cashflow control with commentary for directors
- VAT reporting and submission
- Prepare year end accounts in collaboration with Chartered Accountants
- Maintain and update fixed asset register and hire purchase agreements
- Look for ways to improve accounting processes and system interactions
- Maintain company insurance contracts and any claims
For this role, we are more focussed on vocational experience than status of qualification and our client is open to QBE and part or fully qualified AAT candidates. The role would be well suited to an existing company Bookkeeper, an Assistant Accountant looking for a greater range of responsibilities, or an existing Company Accountant with good experience gained in a fast paced SME. The businesses utilise Xero as their accounting platform so previous experience with this system would be advantageous, but applicants moving from an alternative cloud based system are welcome to apply. This is not a role for a “back office” member of the team, it’s a role for a forward thinking, personable and dynamic individual who wants their opinion to be considered and ideas implemented. This is an interesting and prosperous business and this opportunity represents a great time to join their friendly team.
For further details and to apply, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS8848 ASAP - our client is keen to appoint without delay.