Head of Finance (Charity) - Falmouth - Circa: £45,000
***Please note that this vacancy could also be operated on a part time basis by mutual agreement (minimum 3 days per week). Please specify your preference at application***
If the nature and objective of a prospective employer’s organisation holds as much interest to you as the day-to-day responsibilities of the role that you’re considering applying for, you’ve just stumbled upon something rather special. Because not only is this a fantastic senior finance appointment, it works with one of the most respected and recognised not-for-profit organisations in the county.
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively retained by this popular Cornish charity to source their new Head of Finance, a full time, permanent opportunity for an experienced and passionate accountant who wants to play a key role in a not-for-profit with a difference.
Joining a passionate and dedicated senior management team from day one, this will be a pivotal role within the charity where the successful candidate will take a lead role in managing the organisations financial health, viability and continued strategy. Working closely with the charity's director and its board of trustees, the Head of Finance will develop, and maintain a highly efficient and effective function that supports the organisations future growth. Key aspects of the role to include:
- Support and advise the charity director, senior management team and board of trustees in all aspects of the organisations financial position
- Support, develop and mentor a small team of transactional focussed colleagues and Finance Manager
- Implement, develop and maintain high quality digital finance systems that allow for maximum efficiency
- Produce and present high quality management information with accompanying commentary
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities and with the support of the SMT, funding and grant bids
- Oversee the preparation of statutory accounts and work closely with external auditors
- Lead and influence colleagues and stakeholders to improve knowledge and understanding of the charity’s financial position
- Plan and prepare annual budget, business plans and cash flow forecasts
- Act as a key point of financial contact for the charity’s external stakeholders, funders and suppliers
- Manage the charity’s fixed asset register
- Approve VAT reports and returns
- Oversee monthly payroll
- Assume overall responsibilities for IT policy and projects, working closely with external IT service provider
Who are we looking for? Needless to say, a candidate with a background in not-for-profit or charity accounting would be high on our clients wish list. But it’s a desirable, not an essential and this employer recognises the value in having a commercially astute, confident and technically experienced Head of Finance at the helm, whatever their background. The successful candidate will likely hold a professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA), but again an individual that can demonstrate close matching vocational experience wouldn’t be disregarded. The incoming Head of Finance will certainly require sound management/supervisory experience, excellent IT aptitude and the ability to work with and communicate effectively with colleagues across all areas of the organisation. The role works as part of a motivated, passionate and energetic management team whose enthusiasm for the future the charity is infectious - a like-minded, team playing attitude would work exceptionally well for this appointment.
Interested? Great, let us tell you more and share a well-considered, detailed role specification. For all enquiries and to apply, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS8705 as soon as possible - the post is current vacant and our client is keen to appoint without delay. All enquiries will be treated in the strictest of confidence.