Financial Controller - Honiton - > £70,000 + great financial/non-financial benefits
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a new client, a consumer design, manufacturing and project management business with an incredible product range and an impressive portfolio of national and international clients. The business has experienced sustained growth over recent years and now exceeds audit turnover threshold with ambitious growth plans for the future. The company now seeks to appoint an experienced Financial Controller, a lead role where the successful candidate is anticipated to progress to a board level position. Based from the company’s beautiful headquarters in Honiton, the role is offered on a full time, permanent basis.
Working closely alongside the Managing Director and supported by a small but growing finance team, this will be a broad and interesting role that will interact across all areas of the business. It calls for a commercially driven and technology focussed individual with a passion to implement and develop effective, future proof financial controls. Core responsibilities to include:
- Day to day management of the current financial health of the business and future financial strategy
- Regular production of management information to be presented to senior management team with full commentary
- Reporting of statutory accounts
- Working with MD and external business consultants on business strategy and financial support
- Developing and implementing digital systems and processes in preparation for future growth
- Take a lead responsibility in cashflow management and budget setting
- Develop strong relationships with external stakeholders, customers and key suppliers
- Project and materials costing analysis and planning
- Oversee payroll for a growing headcount of colleagues
- Working with external accountants to prepare for annual audit
This role calls for an accomplished, commercially astute Financial Controller, or a Finance Manager/HoF looking to take a step up. The successful candidate will almost certainly be professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), and possess recently gained experience of managing the end-to-end accounting function of a growing business (ideally operating at or above audit threshold). Previously experience gained in a manufacturing or engineering environment would be highly desirable, as would prior experience of managing a and developing a small finance team. Whilst the role will initially focus on finance operations, an aptitude for strategic thinking and business growth would work well for this appointment.
For further details on this interesting opportunity, including a detailed role spec please get in touch with Dan Saunders quoting reference DS8661 ASAP. Our client is highly motivated to appoint and no time will be wated arranging interviews for well-suited applicants.