Head of Finance/ Financial Controller - £50k-£65k – Permanent – Full time - Chard
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a long standing, owner managed Manufacturing business who seek to recruit a skilled Financial Controller to lead their Accounting function. The business has experienced impressive growth and now turns over approx. £9M with a headcount of over 60 staff. The company is poised for continued growth and the Financial Controller will play an important commercial and strategic role in modernising Financial controls, streamlining systems, and ultimately integrating the Finance with departments across the organisation.
This is a broad role, requiring a “hands on” approach, where the successful candidate will work closely with the Managing Director on a wide range of projects. The company has an aggressive and achievable three-year growth plan which, if successfully delivered upon, will ensure a built-in progression towards a board level position.
Key responsibilities of the role to include:
· Maintaining all aspects of end-to-end accounting controls
· Actively reviewing and making improvements to existing systems and processes
· Management reporting with commentary
· Preparation of statutory financial reports and tax obligations
· Working with colleagues across all areas of the business to lead and influence where all aspects of finance are concerned
· Formulating strategic plans with the team to influence further growth
· Overseeing and being responsible for IT/ Systems
· Financial analysis and forecasting
· Management of stock auditing and accuracy across the business
· Supporting/ Overseeing Payroll via the HR department
This is a role for commercially astute, driven and energetic individuals whose buttons are pushed by designing and implementing improved processes. You will need to demonstrate clearly that you are able to successfully mentor and lead a finance team. The successful candidate will ideally be professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), although exceptional individuals with verified vocational experience will be given equal consideration. The role is equally geared around accounting as it is commercial business administration and a candidate with the aptitude to understand all aspects of running a growing company would fit in well here. Needless to say, great potential to develop this role exists from day one.
For further details of this interesting and dynamic position please click apply now. This vacancy is being managed by Dan Saunders and the reference is DS8606.