Interim Accounts Payable / Receivable Assistant – Barnstaple / Remote Circa: £23,000 FTE
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively assigned by our long standing client, a large employer in North Devon and a major stronghold in the manufacturing services sector.
The business currently seeks to recruit an Accounts Payable / Receivable Assistant to join them on a full time, interim basis until the end of October 2022. Whilst the successful candidate will need to reside within a reasonable distance of Barnstaple, the contract can be largely operated on a remote basis, with only occasional travel required to collect/return equipment and attend infrequent team meetings.
The position works within a friendly and highly experienced team that operate in a fast paced environment. Core responsibilities to include:
- Act as an initial point of contact for supplier enquiries and liaise with colleagues across all remits and service centres to resolve
- Creation and location of invoices ensuring appropriate VAT status and invoice coding
- Ensure payment authorisation of supplier invoices
- Assisting with month end procedures
- Assisting with AP/AR system process improvements
- Assist in transitioning AP/AR from one ERP to a forthcoming system (anticipated to be implemented during the course of this assignment)
For this opportunity, we seek ambitious and confident applicants who possess at least 12 months of recently gained experience in a general ledger position, ideally within a high volume environment. Candidate’s should possess good general MS Office experience to include proficient use of Excel. This is a fast based department that will call for strong multi-tasking and exceptional internal/external communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
This is a business that promotes internal promotion and looks to supports the development of its employees. For further details including a detailed role specification, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS8232 ASAP.