Interim Accounts Assistant / Assistant Management Accountant - St. Austell / Remote - £: Neg DOE
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by one of our long standing education-focussed clients who urgently seeks to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant to join them as soon as possible, on an interim basis likely to be 3-6 months in total (with some potential to become permanent). The role can be operated on either a full or a part time basis to suit the successful candidate and, once training has been completed, can be based from the company’s HQ in St. Austell, remotely, or a hybrid of the two. For training and operation purposes, it is essential that prospective applicants are based within a reasonable occasion commuting distance of St. Austell.
Working closely with a very experienced Head of Finance and as part of a small team, the successful candidate will enjoy a broad role but with a particular focus on assisting with management accounts. Key responsibilities to include:
- Accounts payable; matching invoices, setting up and maintaining supplier records, weekly payment runs, reconciliation of credit card transactions, creation of purchase ledger invoices
- Assisting HoF with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Accruals and prepayments
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Account reconciliations
- Generation of customer statements
- Assisting with aged debtor management
- Assist with month and year end reporting
- Other ad-hoc finance duties as required
For this role we seek an experienced candidate who possesses at least 18 months of general finance experience to include accurate maintenance of an accounts payable function. Candidates need to be a minimum of AAT level 3 qualified. Good all-round IT experience and ideally (though not essentially), experience of using cloud based accounting systems required.
For further details and to apply for this interesting opportunity, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS8136 ASAP.