Accounts Payable Supervisor - Helston - £: Neg DOE
Trial Balance Consulting have been reengaged by a long standing client, a highly successful specialist engineering business operating throughout the UK. They currently seek to recruit an experienced Accounts Payable Supervisor to join their Helston office on a permanent, full time, and on site basis.
The role works closely to support the Finance Manager and as part of a small accounting team. The successful candidate will supervise one member of the finance team (Purchase Ledger Clerk), and act as a key point of contact to major suppliers and subcontractors. Key focus of the role to include:
- Line management of the accounts payable function using Sage 50, overseeing the efficient inputting and payment of supplier invoices
- Assisting with invoice reconciliation issues
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly supplier payments
- Matching unbalanced invoices
- Supervising and developing one Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Working closely with the Finance Manager on ad-hoc accounting projects
- Deputising for the Finance Manager during absences
For this position our client seeks a highly competent accounts payable professional, ideally with a minimum of 18-24 months of recently gained experience. Supervisory knowledge would be desirable but not essential, though a strong aptitude for supporting a junior member of staff would be advantageous. A knowledge of the CIS scheme would also be advantageous although fill training can be provided to the successful candidate.
This is an urgent requirement and our client is happy to take a view on remuneration based on the successful applicant’s experience. For further details and to apply, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS8111 ASAP.