Part Time Company Bookkeeper - Near Barnstaple - £30-35,000 Pro Rata
Trial Balance Consulting have been contacted by a long standing and highly recognisable services business located on the outskirts of Barnstaple who urgently seek to recruit a part time Company Bookkeeper to manage their day-to-day accounting function. This is a permanent, on site position, that will be offered to the successful candidate at 24 hours per week. Working patterns will be completely flexible to suit both sides.
Reporting to the company directors, the business has multiple streams of income which will require an experienced bookkeeper that can operate a well-functioning finance function and liaise with a number of external stakeholders. Key responsibilities to include:
- Full day-to-day bookkeeping for a business with multiple income streams
- Leading the implementation and rollout of a forthcoming upgrade to the company’s accounting systems
- Lead responsibility for accounts payable function across two businesses
- Full management of an often complex accounts receivable function
- Cash flow reporting and variance analysis
- Weekly bank reconciliations and reports on cash flow situation
- Comply and submit quarterly VAT returns
- Generation of accurate P&L reports
- Administration of company payroll
- Liaise with Chartered Accounts for annual accounts compilation
We’re looking for an experienced bookkeeper, ideally, though not essentially with previous experience gained in an owner managed business. The successful candidate can be either part/fully AAT or qualified by experience but should possess at least two years’ experience gained in a similar position. Experience of implementing and using modern cloud based accounting systems would be advantageous but not essential. The role works within a very friendly office so great communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
For further details including a detailed role specification, and to apply, please contact Dan Saunders quoting reference DS8085 ASAP. The company seek to appoint as soon as possible with an agreed start date and handover to follow.