RE3270: Payroll / Accounts Assistant (Accountancy Practice)
Full details of this position and application form.
Not the right opportunity for you? Don't give up just yet! Not all of our clients opportunities go to the public domain - Please get in touch via our About Us page, Trial Balance may still be able to help.
Know somebody who would be perfect for this role? Great – then you can both benefit. Refer a friend/colleague to us and if we go on to place them (in any role), we'll send you a cheque for £200. Terms apply - please get in touch for further details.« Return to the list of opportunities
Payroll / Accounts Assistant (Accountancy Practice)
£16K - £22K
Trial Balance is working with a friendly and well respected firm of chartered accountants to assist with the recruitment of an experienced Payroll / Accounts Assistant to fulfil a varied role working on client accounts.
Your duties in this varied role will include:
• Preparation of weekly, fortnightly & monthly payrolls, covering all aspects from start to finish.
• Ensuring timely submissions of payroll to meet deadlines.
• Working on Sage Payroll and Iris Bureau.
• Ensuring holiday and sickness is recorded and paid accurately.
• Dealing with Auto Enrolment and payment of pension contributions on time and accurately.
• Responding to enquiries in relation to pay, taxation and NI from employees.
• Taking sole trader accounts to trial balance stage.
• Preparing monthly VAT returns from client records.
We are welcoming applications from candidates who meet the following criteria:
• Minimum 2 years working experience in payroll.
• Working knowledge of CIS
• Working experience of accounts preparation including bank, cash, sales ledger, purchase ledger reconciliation, and bookkeeping.
• Capable of performing manual calculations.
• Experienced in either Sage or Iris Bureau.
• Tax code calculation experience.
• Comfortable taking accounts to trial balance.
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join a great firm. Please apply today addressed to Rob Emsley and quoting job reference RE3270.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.
Apply: RE3270 - Payroll / Accounts Assistant (Accountancy Practice)
All fields are required unless stated otherwise. CVs may be submitted as .pdf, .rtf, .doc, .docx formats only. Files must be 2Mb or less.