Are you looking to build your career in a flexible and supportive working environment, with the support and training of a very well respected and growing firm behind you? This could be just the role for you…
My client operates a large network of offices across the South-West and has fully embraced the hybrid working environment over the last few years. They are now looking to strengthen their team in Bristol with the recruitment of an Accounts Senior.
Your duties in this varied role will include:
- Dealing with the completion of annual accounts and tax computations, for both incorporated and un-incorporated businesses with up to £10M turnover
- Dealing with the completion and submission of self-assessment tax returns for Business Services clients
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
- Dealing with the completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Dealing with the completion of sub-contractors returns and ensuring that CIS requirements are met
- Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements
- Drafting correspondence for clients; liaising with HMRC, by telephone and email
- Providing varied administrative and business set-up services for clients
- Supervising, and supporting the work of less experienced team members
- Training student staff
And the qualities that you will need to bring to the table include:
- ACA/ ACCA/ AAT qualified or qualified by experience. Those in training will also be considered
- Experienced in accounts preparation for partnerships/LLPs and limited companies
- Applicants should be accurate, analytical and methodical in their approach to work
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients
- Experience of electronic accounting packages
- Familiarisation with personal and business tax regulations, plus VAT and PAYE
- Proficient in MS Office (ie. Excel, Word, Outlook), Sage, Xero and QBO
- Calm and efficient under pressure, with the ability to respond to client enquires promptly, accurately and efficiently
- Confident, professional and team orientated in approach
In exchange my client offers a very competitive salary and benefits package, outstanding training and career development opportunities, study and CPD support where appropriate and a very flexible approach to home working.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply addressed to Rob Emsley and quoting job reference RE9715.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.