SR3445: Company Accountant
Full details of this position and application form.
Not the right opportunity for you? Don't give up just yet! Not all of our clients opportunities go to the public domain - Please get in touch via our About Us page, Trial Balance may still be able to help.
Know somebody who would be perfect for this role? Great – then you can both benefit. Refer a friend/colleague to us and if we go on to place them (in any role), we'll send you a cheque for £200. Terms apply - please get in touch for further details.« Return to the list of opportunities
£32K - £40K
Vacancy has been filled by Trial Balance Consulting pending candidate commencement - No further enquiries required at this time.
Company Accountant - Bodmin - £32-40,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been assigned by an education support provider who seeks to recruit an experienced Company Accountant to join their growing organisation. This is a full time and permanent position, which will be located in central Bodmin (with parking).
This is a newly developed role and one of pivotal responsibility. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, the successful incumbent will be seen as an intrinsic member of the senior management team. Overseeing a small finance team, the post holder will assume the lead position in managing and developing the organisation’s financial processes. The role calls for a candidate who is both technically accomplished and who possesses strong commercial/strategic awareness.
- Supervise a small finance team working across the key remits of the function
- To produce high quality financial management information and present to the senior management team as required
- To ensure the production of compliant financial information for onward submission to government and sector specific regulatory organisations
- To provide sound forecasts to ensure future sustainability
- To implement and develop existing financial controls/systems to ensure efficient financial monitoring
- To liaise closely with non-financial managers both in house and operating across the employers' multiple locations
- To liaise with external auditors and prepare for annual audits
- To ensure value for money supplier agreements to maximise profitability
- A professionally qualified individual - ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA
- Ideally, although not essentially an understanding of finance related issues affecting the education sector
- A high level of IT competence to include MS Excel and bespoke accounting software
- Experience of managing a small team
- Degree educated
- Demonstrable experience of devising and implementing strategic initiatives
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues in all departments
This is an interesting and varied opportunity employed by a highly reputable service provider. For detailed role specifications and to apply, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR3445.
Apply: SR3445 - Company Accountant
All fields are required unless stated otherwise. CVs may be submitted as .pdf, .rtf, .doc, .docx formats only. Files must be 2Mb or less.