RE4987: Assistant Manager (Accountancy Practice)
Full details of this position and application form.
Not the right opportunity for you? Don't give up just yet! Not all of our clients opportunities go to the public domain - Please get in touch via our About Us page, Trial Balance may still be able to help.
Know somebody who would be perfect for this role? Great – then you can both benefit. Refer a friend/colleague to us and if we go on to place them (in any role), we'll send you a cheque for £200. Terms apply - please get in touch for further details.« Return to the list of opportunities
Assistant Manager (Accountancy Practice)
£25K - £35K
My client is a leading firm with multiple offices in the local area. Due to their continued success they are looking to recruit an experienced Assistant Manager to join their busy team in Torquay.
This role will see you take responsibility for a varied portfolio of sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, and your duties will include:
• Assisting managers with the running of large varied, portfolios of owner managed business clients with the opportunity of taking responsibility for own portfolio within the short to medium term
• Working closely with Partners/Managers to ensure clients’ needs are met, and supporting them in dealing with their responsibilities to clients
• Overseeing the preparation of annual accounts, Corporation Tax computations and Personal Self- Assessment Income Tax Returns
• Overseeing the provision of book-keeping and VAT compliance services
• Identifying financial, commercial and tax planning opportunities for clients
• Providing routine tax, accounting and general commercial advice to clients
• Resolving accounting and tax problems as they arise
• Ensuring that working papers, financial statements, tax returns and client files are prepared in accordance with the firm’s accepted standards
• Supervising junior staff, and supporting them as appropriate.
Applicants for this role should fit the following criteria:
• An experienced qualified professional – ACA/ACCA or AAT
• Good technical accounting and tax knowledge at the level needed to provide sound advice of a non-specialist nature
• Enthusiastic self-starter, who enjoys new client activity and the opportunity to progress career to higher levels
• Personable and approachable to clients, flexible and committed to complete work to deadlines
• Knowledge of Cloud accounting software packages (e.g. Sage, QBO, Xero, etc.)
In exchange my client offers a very professional working environment, excellent in house training and career development opportunities, and ongoing study and CPD support where appropriate.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join one of the region’s most prestigious firms. Apply today addressed to Rob Emsley and quoting job reference RE4987.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.
Apply: RE4987 - Assistant Manager (Accountancy Practice)
All fields are required unless stated otherwise. CVs may be submitted as .pdf, .rtf, .doc, .docx formats only. Files must be 2Mb or less.