RE4724: Bureau Payroll Specialist
Full details of this position and application form.
Not the right opportunity for you? Don't give up just yet! Not all of our clients opportunities go to the public domain - Please get in touch via our About Us page, Trial Balance may still be able to help.
Know somebody who would be perfect for this role? Great – then you can both benefit. Refer a friend/colleague to us and if we go on to place them (in any role), we'll send you a cheque for £200. Terms apply - please get in touch for further details.« Return to the list of opportunities
Bureau Payroll Specialist
£18K - £24K
Trial Balance is working with a leading accountancy firm to source an experienced Payroll Officer to join their busy payroll team.
Your duties in this varied and interesting role will include:
• Using SAGE and STAR payroll to run weekly, monthly and quarterly payroll runs, for clients with anything up to 250 (or more) employees
• Inputting and checking starters/leavers declarations, P45s, P6/9s, holiday pay, salaries, worked hours, overtime, expenses, mileage, bonus payments, statutory payments, including SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP
• Ensuring AEO deductions are applied accurately
• Producing PAYE schedules for clients, calculating any deductions including student loans, employer’s allowance and CIS tax suffered
• Sending completed auto-pay payment forms to banks
• Auto Enrolment reconciliations and assessments
• Completing various forms required by HMRC, such as ‘letters of engagement’ and ‘authorising your agent’
• Setting up new PAYE schemes with HMRC, plus in-house client files in both electronic and paper format
• Carrying out RTI year-end procedures, including issuing declarations for client signature and P60s
• Providing advice to clients in relation to pay, taxation and National Insurance issues.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Excellent payroll bureau/practice experience including a strong understanding of payroll processes, tax codes, NI, auto enrolment and manual calculations.
• Experience in processing multiple payrolls and multiple frequencies
• Strong experience in computerised payroll systems
In exchange, my client offers a professional and friendly working environment with excellent opportunities for career and personal development. A competitive salary and benefits package is available, and the company promotes flexible working arrangement and a healthy work-life balance.
If this sounds like the role that you have been waiting for, please apply today addressed to Rob Emsley and quoting job reference RE4724.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.
Apply: RE4724 - Bureau Payroll Specialist
All fields are required unless stated otherwise. CVs may be submitted as .pdf, .rtf, .doc, .docx formats only. Files must be 2Mb or less.