RE4194: Chartered Tax Advisor
Full details of this position and application form.
Not the right opportunity for you? Don't give up just yet! Not all of our clients opportunities go to the public domain - Please get in touch via our About Us page, Trial Balance may still be able to help.
Know somebody who would be perfect for this role? Great – then you can both benefit. Refer a friend/colleague to us and if we go on to place them (in any role), we'll send you a cheque for £200. Terms apply - please get in touch for further details.« Return to the list of opportunities
Chartered Tax Advisor
£30K - £45K
My client is a leading firm with multiple offices across the South West offering a whole suite of financial service offerings. Joining a very well respected tax team, you will manage the delivery of business tax advisory assignments to time, budget and quality standards and will act as a point of contact for internal and external contacts on tax related queries.
Specifically, your duties will include:
• Working with Tax Partners/Directors on the planning and implementation of often complex tax assignments for a range of clients; ensuring all required inputs are identified and successfully coordinated, in order to meet client needs and deadlines, internal/ external standards and budgetary requirements
• Delivering advice on Research & Development tax relief claims
• Reviewing more complex Corporation Tax and Capital Gains Tax computations
• Reviewing smaller assignments undertaken by personal/ compliance tax staff, plus occasionally audit and accounts staff; providing feedback to support the development of cross-functional working and technical knowledge
• Continuing the development of long-term professional relationships by communicating progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns to the client
• Identifying opportunities to sell additional services, such as tax planning and advisory work, to existing clients of the firm
• Keeping abreast of changes in tax legislation and developments within the profession
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
• CTA qualified (or suitable alternative qualification and experience)
• At least 24 months relevant experience, predominantly in a business tax environment, with exposure to range of complex assignments, or able to demonstrate that equivalent knowledge, experience and competency has been gained
• Experience of public practice and managing a portfolio of tax client
• Excellent interpersonal skills – articulate, approachable and able to deal with people at all levels, both in person and by telephone
• Technically accurate at all times, particularly while working under pressure
• Self-motivated and able to show initiative
• Capable of drafting and maintaining clear and concise working papers/ records, in connection with all work
• Good problem solving skills
In exchange my client offers an excellent working environment, a highly competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity to really kick start your career with a team of highly motivated professionals. If this sounds like you, then please call Rob Emsley for a conversation or apply today quoting job reference RE4194.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.
Apply: RE4194 - Chartered Tax Advisor
All fields are required unless stated otherwise. CVs may be submitted as .pdf, .rtf, .doc, .docx formats only. Files must be 2Mb or less.