RE3048: Accounts Senior
Full details of this position and application form.
Not the right opportunity for you? Don't give up just yet! Not all of our clients opportunities go to the public domain - Please get in touch via our About Us page, Trial Balance may still be able to help.
Know somebody who would be perfect for this role? Great – then you can both benefit. Refer a friend/colleague to us and if we go on to place them (in any role), we'll send you a cheque for £200. Terms apply - please get in touch for further details.« Return to the list of opportunities
£18K - £25K
Trial Balance has been assigned by our client, a leading accountancy practice, to source an experienced Accounts Senior to join their friendly team.
Working with a diverse portfolio of sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, this role will see you participate in the following duties:
• Coaching and supervision of junior members of staff, providing support where required.
• Planning and coordinating workflow.
• Preparation of trade tax and personal computations.
• Preparing a list of matters to be resolved to complete assignments.
• Contacting clients to obtain records and provide explanations in respect of queries in accounts.
• Presenting final draft documents for client meetings with Client Director / Partner.
• Demonstrating knowledge of PAYE, NI and VAT in common situations.
• Identifying research and resolving technical issues.
• Identifying specialist areas of technical knowledge for future development.
• Complying with Firm’s CPD requirements.
• Reviewing tax and accounts prepared by junior staff.
• Holding client meetings with smaller business clients.
• Identifying tax planning and other opportunities for the client.
• Identifying specialist technical issues and seeking appropriate guidance from within the firm.
• Developing chosen areas of specialist knowledge and assisting colleagues in these areas.
This is an interesting and broad role which would suit a candidate with the following attributes:
• AAT qualified or equivalent
• Potentially undergoing further ACA or ACCA studies
• A sound background in statutory accounts and tax preparation in a practice environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
In exchange, my client offers a professional and sociable working environment, with excellent opportunities for career advancement. CPD and study support can be offered where appropriate.
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity. Please apply addressed to Rob Emsley and quoting job reference RE3048.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.
Apply: RE3048 - Accounts Senior
All fields are required unless stated otherwise. CVs may be submitted as .pdf, .rtf, .doc, .docx formats only. Files must be 2Mb or less.