DB4681: Senior Fund Accounting Manager
Full details of this position and application form.
Not the right opportunity for you? Don't give up just yet! Not all of our clients opportunities go to the public domain - Please get in touch via our About Us page, Trial Balance may still be able to help.
Know somebody who would be perfect for this role? Great – then you can both benefit. Refer a friend/colleague to us and if we go on to place them (in any role), we'll send you a cheque for £200. Terms apply - please get in touch for further details.« Return to the list of opportunities
Senior Fund Accounting Manager
Vacancy at interview stage/on hold - Enquiries from suitably experienced applicants welcome.
A major operator in the UK Financial Services industry, expanding rapidly through acquisitions and growth, has retained Trial Balance Consulting to source an experienced Senior Fund Accounting Manager to lead their busy Fund Accounting team on a full time and permanent basis.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
• Effective management of the team, including acting as a technical point of reference and mentoring/appraising direct reports.
• All aspects of investment administration and accounting as required.
• To ensure all accounting information produced by the team pertaining to the portfolio of funds, including net asset value calculations, cash reports, revenue projections, management accounts, industry returns, VAT returns, cash flow statements and information required for half year and annual reports is prepared and reviewed by the team in accordance with laid down business policies and procedures and within the required timeframe;
• To ensure all accounting, administration, statutory and other deadlines are met.
• Effective management of the Profit & Loss account of the team on a day to day basis
• Effective day to day management of the team including ensuring sufficient resources are available to complete all current and planned work
• Emerging risks are identified, assessed and captured within the departmental risk register and, where appropriate, escalated to senior management
• Operational controls are carried out in accordance with the laid down business policies and procedures
• Actions for control improvements are dealt with in accordance with agreed timescales
• The team is organised effectively and efficiently, including providing cover for funds within office working hours
• Daily administration for the portfolio of Funds allocated to the team takes place in a timely and accurate manner
• Full accounting information is maintained for each client
• All new business wins are properly implemented
• All procedures, checklists and SLSs are kept up to date and produced in accordance with internal deadlines
• All KPI information is accurately prepared in accordance with internal deadlines and is of sufficient quality to be sent to the Board
• Management accounts and accompanying schedules as applicable, for each client, are prepared and reviewed by the team in accordance with the laid down business policies and procedures and within the required timeframe
• All net asset value calculations, Fund cash reports, property registers, revenue projections, industry returns, VAT returns, loan compliance certificates, and any other periodic reports as applicable for each client, are prepared and reviewed by the team in accordance with the laid down business policies and procedures and within the required timeframe
• All statutory accounts are completed and filed within the set deadlines
• ACA, ACCA, CIMA equivalent qualified
• At least 5 years PQE
• Experience of full P&L management
• Ability to identify, understand and document complex technical requirements and issues
• Previous line management experience and a demonstrable track record of full ownership and resolution of complex issues
• Strong leadership skills particularly in relation to workflow management, new business and relationship development
• Ability to develop individual team member skills & competencies
This is an urgent requirement and suitably experienced candidates should contact Dave Becker quoting DB4681 for further details.
Apply: DB4681 - Senior Fund Accounting Manager
All fields are required unless stated otherwise. CVs may be submitted as .pdf, .rtf, .doc, .docx formats only. Files must be 2Mb or less.