CK4991: Tax Assistant
Full details of this position and application form.
Not the right opportunity for you? Don't give up just yet! Not all of our clients opportunities go to the public domain - Please get in touch via our About Us page, Trial Balance may still be able to help.
Know somebody who would be perfect for this role? Great – then you can both benefit. Refer a friend/colleague to us and if we go on to place them (in any role), we'll send you a cheque for £200. Terms apply - please get in touch for further details.« Return to the list of opportunities
£18K - £26K
Are you currently working within practice in a Tax based Administrative or support role? Are you looking to step up into a Tax Assistant role?
The role will primarily be to provide a high standard of support to the tax manager and the tax seniors, dealing mainly with individual and partnership clients in preparing their self-assessment tax returns and dealing with queries from clients.
Your specific duties in this role are likely to include:
• Preparation of self-assessment tax returns from information provided by clients.
• Preparation of e small income and expenditure accounts for rental properties to be reported in the tax returns.
• Review of tax computations and tax returns for client businesses and individuals as required.
• Dealing with telephone calls from clients and HMRC in respect of the tax department clients and dealing with correspondence arising from your tax work.
• Setting up new clients for self-assessment including meeting the money laundering compliance requirements.
• Preparing fee notes to send to clients in respect of work carried out.
• Attending external and internal training/update courses which are relevant to your work.
And the skills that my client is looking for in a potential employee will include:
• Ideally studying towards or recently having completed ATT
• Potential to do further studying towards CTA will be considered.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been waiting for, please apply immediately addressed to Carly Kellow and quoting job reference CK4991
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Carly Kellow, one of our dedicated practice specialist.
Apply: CK4991 - Tax Assistant
All fields are required unless stated otherwise. CVs may be submitted as .pdf, .rtf, .doc, .docx formats only. Files must be 2Mb or less.