CK4355: Tax Specialist
Full details of this position and application form.
Not the right opportunity for you? Don't give up just yet! Not all of our clients opportunities go to the public domain - Please get in touch via our About Us page, Trial Balance may still be able to help.
Know somebody who would be perfect for this role? Great – then you can both benefit. Refer a friend/colleague to us and if we go on to place them (in any role), we'll send you a cheque for £200. Terms apply - please get in touch for further details.« Return to the list of opportunities
£35K - £45K
Are you a qualified Tax Specialist looking to take on an exciting challenge? Are you looking to put your extensive knowledge to the test in an exciting new capacity?
My client is in the process of setting up a brand-new tax department within their firm based in Portishead. They are looking for an outgoing ambassador to take on this exciting role. You will be a qualified chartered accountant with extensive experience in Tax advisory and compliance. This role will cover a variety of aspects and in order to build a client portfolio you will be expected to sell the firms Tax offerings to new and previous clients.
• Acting as a source of direct tax advice, both for clients and for the relevant partner and their team.
• Assisting the Tax Partner in all aspects of the direct tax offering of the Firm, with a particular emphasis on assistance on tax advisory projects.
• Researching, analysing and interpreting changing tax legislation in both the UK and overseas and assisting the Tax Partner and Tax Manager in increasing the tax knowledge of colleagues outside of the tax team.
• Undertaking the day-to-day management of client corporation tax and self-assessment tax compliance.
• Drafting/preparing external marketing material relating to tax matters including assisting with keeping the tax content on the firm’s website up to date.
• Preparing and submitting compliance (tax) returns by the deadline;
• Liaising and negotiating with HMRC on behalf of the client;
• Carrying out detailed computations to calculate tax liability and advising on how to minimise a client's liability;
• Keeping up to date with guidance on indirect taxation issues such as VAT, customs planning and environmental taxes.
Ideal candidates will be working within a Tax capacity at present within accountancy practice and will be either qualified or part qualified CTA, ACCA, or ACA.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate, for further details please contact Carly Kellow quoting ref: CK4355
Trial Balance is a market-leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across South Wales and the South West of England working on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Carly Kellow.
Apply: CK4355 - Tax Specialist
All fields are required unless stated otherwise. CVs may be submitted as .pdf, .rtf, .doc, .docx formats only. Files must be 2Mb or less.