AC2879: Head of Finance
Full details of this position and application form.
Not the right opportunity for you? Don't give up just yet! Not all of our clients opportunities go to the public domain - Please get in touch via our About Us page, Trial Balance may still be able to help.
Know somebody who would be perfect for this role? Great – then you can both benefit. Refer a friend/colleague to us and if we go on to place them (in any role), we'll send you a cheque for £200. Terms apply - please get in touch for further details.« Return to the list of opportunities
Head of Finance
£60K - £75K
Vacancy has been filled by Trial Balance Consulting pending candidate commencement - No further enquiries required at this time.
Head of Finance (AC2879) - Bideford - To £75,000 + full benefits
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been assigned by an extremely well established and profitable family run service company, who seek to recruit an experienced Head of Finance to assume a position of pivotal responsibility. This is a brand new role created to facilitate recent growth and to compliment significant future expansion.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director and positioned within the senior management team, the role will also require the successful incumbent to manage a sizeable finance team. This is a diverse, challenging, and extremely interesting high profile opportunity.
Key technical responsibilities:
- Key responsibility for managing 3 direct, and a further 10 indirect financial team members.
- Liaising closely with, leading and influencing a host of non-financial supervisors and department managers.
- Full responsibility for the preparation of monthly management information/accounts.
- Ensuring efficient development of processes and controls, identifying notable risks and concerns.
- Produce complex financial reports for Directors and board members.
- Providing comprehensive financial analysis, reports, and advice.
- Provide significant input in annual budget reporting.
- Delivery of strategic and grounded financial analysis.
- Taking a lead responsibility in working capital management and analysing major growth/capital expenditure projects.
- Development of improved processes and MIS.
- Review of proposals and formulation of financial policies, targets and budgets.
- Become primary point of contact with, and for, professional advisors and statutory bodies.
- Provide commercial guidance to all members of the management team.
The successful candidate will:
- Probably, although not essentially professionally qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA. Whilst the employer appreciates and respects professional qualified individuals, they will be equally happy to consider candidates who can demonstrate sufficient experience from a QBE capacity.
- Possess exposure gained within the services, manufacturing (or construction), or retail sectors.
- Ideally, though not essentially, have strong exposure gained with an SME, owner managed environment (t/o circa £60M).
- Possess excellent, up to date exposure in process enhancement and improvement delivery.
- Be experienced in identifying all aspects of improving business streamlining.
- Possess strong commercial awareness and be happy to work in what is generally considered a non-corporate, supportive environment. Strong team fit is equally important to technical exposure for this post.
The employer offers an excellent working environment within a dynamic, financially prosperous and long established business. This is an urgent role and our client wishes to arrange interviews on immediate receipt of suitably experienced candidates. Please contact Alex Callister quoting AC2879 for a confidential discussion or to apply for this exciting new post.
Apply: AC2879 - Head of Finance
All fields are required unless stated otherwise. CVs may be submitted as .pdf, .rtf, .doc, .docx formats only. Files must be 2Mb or less.