AC2228: Head of Finance
Full details of this position and application form.
Not the right opportunity for you? Don't give up just yet! Not all of our clients opportunities go to the public domain - Please get in touch via our About Us page, Trial Balance may still be able to help.
Know somebody who would be perfect for this role? Great – then you can both benefit. Refer a friend/colleague to us and if we go on to place them (in any role), we'll send you a cheque for £200. Terms apply - please get in touch for further details.« Return to the list of opportunities
Head of Finance
£40K - £40K
Vacancy has been filled by Trial Balance Consulting pending candidate commencement - No further enquiries required at this time.
Head of Finance - Truro - £40,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been assigned by a very successful and well established services company to source a Head of Finance to join their team in a senior level capacity. The company has a particularly strong name in their sector, with a customer base spanning Devon & Cornwall.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced accountant seeking a strategic management role overseeing the finances of four individual companies. The role will report directly to the Chairman and will oversee a Financial Controller and an accounts team of six.
The role will assist in developing the performance of the group, manage an experienced team, control large elements of the company’s IT infrastructure and take full responsibility for financial risk management.
1) To maintain and develop financial management and control procedures ensuring that these are used to benefit the Group and ensure cost efficiencies. Particular emphasis on development of systems and controls in response to legislative changes in 2016.
2) To provide hands-on support and development to the Finance team.
3) Ensure effective liaison between staff in the Finance Department and others in the Group as well as external organisations.
4) Promote the Group through appropriate representation at meetings, events and seminars etc.
1) Preparation of timely management accounts and draft statutory year-end accounts and supporting schedules.
2) Provide commentary and interpretation on financial results to Chairman, Directors and Management team.
3) Analysis and extraction of financial data and report (written and verbal) to Chairman and Directors.
4) Review and monitor client contract processes.
5) Approval of clients’ contract pricing.
6) Monthly financial reviews with service managers.
7)Internal review of business sites to assess operation of internal controls.
8) Review and assessment of supplier contracts to ensure value for money.
9) Preparation of budgets and cash flow forecasts.
10) Prepare, as necessary financial modelling of new services/business plans.
11) Control of debtors and creditors.
12) Regular monitoring of cash flow.
13) Responsible for payroll and pensions scheme administration.
14) Liaising with bank concerning borrowing facilities.
1) Overall responsibility for maintenance and accuracy of accounts. Knowledge of Sage 50 preferable.
2) Ensure that all accounts are reconciled monthly.
3) Complete the end of month and end of year reporting process on timely basis.
4) Ensure that all expenditure is correctly approved and that income is maximised.
5) Responsible for electronic banking and the system of payments.
6) Ensure the maintenance of an appropriate system for processing and recording the petty cash for each Home. Maintain Head Office petty cash.
IT and Telecommunications:
1) Responsible for IT infrastructure and maintenance.
2) Responsible for telecommunications infrastructure and maintenance.
1) Previous experience in a similar level position
2) Professionally qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
3) Excellent organisational and planning skills
4) Decisive and self motivated with superb inter-personal skills
This is an urgent requirement and the recruiting business hopes to interview as soon as possible (appointment date to be mutually agreed). For a confidential disciussion or to apply for this interesting post, please contact Alex Callister quoting AC2228.
Apply: AC2228 - Head of Finance
All fields are required unless stated otherwise. CVs may be submitted as .pdf, .rtf, .doc, .docx formats only. Files must be 2Mb or less.