Bookkeeper (part time)- Truro - £27,000 FTE
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively assigned by a well-established Cornish business with strong links to the manufacturing and construction sectors. Due to continued growth and an established customer order book they currently seek to recruit an experienced Bookkeeper/Accounts Assistant to join them on a permanent, part time basis at their Truro offices. The role is offered with flexible working hours circa 20 hours per week to be mutually agreed.
The role represents and ideal opportunity for a forward-thinking Accounts Assistant/Bookkeeper to develop and implement improvements to current accounting procedures and ensure maximum efficiency from the function. Key responsibilities to include:
- Administration of accounts payable and receivable
- Preparing and administering supplier payment runs
- Prepare monthly payroll for onward submission to external payroll service providers
- Manage CIS and VAT scheme requirements
- Bank reconciliations and petty cash management
- Cash flow management
- Other administration duties: Employee holiday administration, vehicle servicing documents, CSCS card filing etc.
We’re looking for an experienced candidate who possess previous CIS exposure, ideally within the construction industry. The successful candidate can be either part/fully AAT or qualified by experience but should possess at least two years’ experience gained in a similar position, ideally using Sage Line 50. Experience of using Sage Construction Manager would be great but not essential. The role works within a busy but very friendly office so great communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
For further details and to apply, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR9520 ASAP. The company seek to appoint as soon as possible and suitable applicants will be invited to interview upon receipt of CV.