Finance Business Manager - Redruth/Camborne - Circa: £55-60,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been engaged by a long established education provider with an outstanding reputation. The business is experiencing exponential growth and now seeks to recruit a Finance Business Manager, a senior level of appointment and one of pivotal importance to the organisation. The position is offered as a full time, permanent contract to be based in the Redruth/Camborne area.
Whilst the role has a strong financial focus, it will require a candidate with a broad range of business management experience and exceptional management, leadership and strategic skills. Key responsibilities to include:
- Financial Management. Overseeing an experienced Finance Manager and small transactional team, the Business Manager will essentially assume number one responsibility for the overall financial health of the business, to include statutory compliance, financial strategy, income generation, budget control, and the presentation of financial performance to the senior leadership team and board.
- People Management. Working closely with the HR Manager, the successful incumbent will take a lead on overall employee relations, retention, resourcing and development. The Business Manager will also take overall responsibility for the smooth operation of an outsources payroll agreement.
- IT Systems. Work with IT management team to ensure the streamlining and efficient running of the organisation’s IT systems and associated software platforms including data protection and GDPR.
- Estate management and H&S. Working with an experienced estate management team, the Business Manager will assume strategic responsibility for maintenance and facilities management including building improvement and development. They will also formulate and implement a robust H&S policy.
- Leadership and strategy. The successful candidate will assume a key place within the senior leadership team and contribute strategic input in all of the aforementioned areas. Essentially, the Business Manager will assume the strategic responsibilities of a CFO.
For this role we seek a professionally qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA etc.), with significant experience gained in financial management and in a position that supports a number of staff. This is a broad role and the successful candidate will not be expected to hit-the-ground-running in all areas of responsibility, but have the aptitude and tenacity to quickly learn. The role is highly visible and will require excellent people management, team working and string communication skills. This organisation is headed up by an energetic and passionate senior management team and the Business Manager will naturally be expected to share this vision for future development.
For further details including a comprehensive role specification, please contact Steve Roach or Alex Callister quoting reference SR8449 as soon as possible.