Finance Manager - St. Austell - £45,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been engaged by a long standing client, a highly prominent services business with an exceptional reputation for employee retention and development. The business currently seeks to recruit an experienced Finance Manager to join their accounting team on a full time, permanent basis. The role will be based at the business HQ in St. Austell.
This is a broad and interesting role that will report to an experienced Financial Controller and Head of Finance, and manage a small transactional/reporting team. This is a group holding business with several entities and income streams that will be collated at group level. Key features of the role to include:
- Lead responsibility for collating and delivering group management reports with detailed commentary
- Supervision of a small and ambitious team of direct reports ensuring strong training and development
- Monitor the AP team and provide overall authorisation for supplier payment runs
- Support the preparartin of annual budget and general budget monitoring
- Production of rolling cash flow forecasts and projections
- Preparation of statutory accounts and financial reporting
- Act as a key point of contact to external stakeholders, government bodies and auditors
- Deputise for and provide cover to the Financial Controller rand Head of Finance where required
- System maintenance, streamlining and improvements
For this role we seek a professionally qualified individual (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), with strong experience in end-to-end accounting and leading a small finance team. Candidate’s will ideally have at least 28 months of recently gained experience in a financial management capacity and have a solid understanding of internal and external financial reporting. The successful candidate will assume a key role within the function and be a “recognised face” to colleagues across all areas of the business so strong communication skills and the ability to translate financial reports to non-financial managers will be essential. Good all round IT aptitude and a strong understanding of spreadsheet manipulation essential. The FM will work within an energetic and fast paced function where enthusiasm is infectious, a likeminded attitude would fit well here!
For further details including a detailed role specification, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR8373 as soon as possible.