Payroll Manager - Bodmin / Hybrid - £35-40,000
If you’re a highly experienced Payroll Manager already working with a prominent Cornish business, you’d be forgiven for assuming that interesting vocational opportunities are going to be thin on the ground. Let’s face it, there aren’t that many employers with a headcount over 1000 that require a full-blown Payroll Manager in the county. You might be mistaken though…
Trial Balance Consulting have been engaged by a prominent group of services businesses and major Cornish employer who urgently seek to recruit an experienced Payroll Manager on a full time, permanent contract. The company promotes a hybrid working arrangement and the successful candidate will predominantly work remotely with the occasional requirement to attend the employers Bodmin based headquarters.
The role works within a large, friendly, and highly experienced team and the successful candidate will be supported by two experienced payroll/HR administrators. Key responsibilities of the role to include:
- Oversee the accurate and timely processing of a large monthly payroll
- Support a small payroll administration team
- Resolving any payroll queries
- Production and submission of payroll data to HMRC
- Maintain accurate pension data and liaise with pension provider
- Ensure effective submission of annual statutory data – P11Ds, Class 1A etc.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of changes in payroll legislation
- Collate payroll records using MS Excel
For this role we’re looking for an experienced Payroll Manager, ideally (though not essentially), CIPP qualified and with experience using bespoke payroll systems (or with an aptitude to quickly learn). The role works within a fast paced, team spirited department and the successful candidate will require excellent organisational and communication skills.
In addition to an attractive base salary, this employer offers a range of exceptional employee benefits. For further details including a comprehensive role specification, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR8353 ASAP. Our client is highly motivated to fill this position quickly and will interview suitable candidates at short notice.