Assistant Accountant - Camborne - Circa: £30,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a long standing and highly reputable SME that seek to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their team. The business offers a multifaceted range of services to a B2B and B2C client base, with several income streams experiencing significant growth over recent years. This is a permanent, full time position based at the company’s headquarters near Camborne (with free parking).
This is a broad an interesting role where the successful candidate will essentially perform the role of a fully-fledged Company Bookkeeper but with the support of a highly experienced company director who manages the finance function. Reporting to a number of business director’s and supervising one Accounts Assistant, the role works within a friendly, energetic and experienced head office function. Key responsibilities to include:
- Overall responsibility for the smooth operation of the day-to-day financial health of an SME turn over in excess of £15M pa
- Management of the accounts payable and receivable function
- Production of regular management accounts with full commentary
- Control of the aged debtor function
- VAT reporting
- Stock control and costing analysis
- Managing multiple group bank accounts and associated income streams
- Act as a first point of contact for major supplier and customer queries
- Fixed asset maintenance
- Journal entries
- Ad hoc project accounting and assisting the director's
For this role we’re searching for an experienced Assistant Accountant or Bookkeeper looking to step-up, with solid end-to-end accounting experience gained within an SME environment. Applicant’s will ideally be AAT qualified as a minimum, but those with demonstrable vocational experience will be given equal consideration. The business promotes a modern working environment making the most of current technology; this role would suit a candidate with strong IT aptitude and excellent skills in the use of MS Excel and Sage. The successful candidate will be a key point of contact across all departments of the business so excellent communication skills required in addition to the ability to supervise and develop an enthusiastic colleague.
For further details, including a detailed role specification, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR8282. The role is immediately vacant and our client is keen to initiate interviews as soon as possible.