Assistant Accountant - Clevedon - Circa: £32,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a new client, a highly successful and bespoke manufacturing and retail business operating across multiple locations in the southwest. As a result of continued growth, the company is strengthening its finance function with the recruitment of an experienced Assistant Accountant.
The role will work closely with the company’s Finance Director and will essentially act as a second in command, blurring the lines between Assistant Accountants, Finance Manager and Bookkeeper. This is broad role and the successful candidate will take a lead role in overseeing the day-to-day finances of the company. Key responsibilities to include:
- Manage and support the finance function for numerous group entities using Sage 200
- Monthly bookkeeping
- Leading the accounts payable and receivable function and organising supplier payment runs
- Submission of confirmation statements for multiple group entities
- VAT reporting and submission
- Journal entries
- Cashflow forecasting
- Bank reconciliations (multiple accounts)
- Support with FD on financial projects and year end procedures
- Liaise with external stakeholders including auditors and banks
For this role we seek an experienced Assistant Accountant, Bookkeeper or Finance Manager with at least 3 years’ experience in end-to-end accounting. Candidates may be part/fully professionally qualified AAT or qualified by experience. Previous experience in a construction/manufacturing setting would be desirable though not essential. Good knowledge of industry standard cloud-based accounting and MS Excel will be required. The successful candidate will manage a small team so previous supervisory experience would lend itself well, but a good aptitude for team development will be welcome.
For further details and to apply for this interesting role, please contact Steve Roach ASAP quoting reference SR8209 ASAP. Suitable applicants can expect a very fast turnaround to interview.