Finance Manager - Truro / Remote - Circa: £40,000 Neg DOE
*** Please note that whilst this position will be operated 100% remotely, applicants must reside in Cornwall or West Devon to be considered) ***
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively assigned by a new client, a large digital marketing agency established for over 20 years and serving some exceptionally high profile brands. The company employs approximately 40 staff, and with an increasing annual turnover exceeding £20M, now seek to recruit an exceptional Finance Manager to join the business. This is a permanent, full time role that will be predominantly operated remotely with occasional travel for senior management meetings in Truro.
Working closely with the founding directors and a part time remote CFO, the Finance Manager will initially manage a team of two, with further recruitment within accounts team anticipated to suit the successful candidate. This is a fast paced, modern business where the new incumbent will enjoy a broad and diverse role with autonomy to implement and streamline function improvements. Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage, support, and develop a small transactional finance team ensuring effective training and CPD
- Play a key role as a member of the senior management team, providing regular commentary and reports on financial performance (with management accounts)
- Manage the accounts payable and receivable function whilst developing robust relationships with suppliers, clients, and external stakeholders
- Annual and quarterly budgeting and forecasting
- Calculate complex hourly and date rate charge-outs
- Manage R&D tax relief claims
- Play a lead role in system performance enhancements and effective reporting systems
- Weekly cashflow and debtor reporting
- Manage outsourced payroll service
- Working closely with Chartered Accountants and assist in preparation for annual audit
- Review overhead budgets
- Reconciliation of inter-company accounts
- Manage VAT reporting and submissions
Our client is looking for an experienced, energetic, and technically astute Finance Manager who possesses exceptionally commercial awareness. The successful candidate will likely hold a professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), though very experienced candidates that consider themselves to be qualified by experience will be given due consideration. Previous experience of managing a small finance team and recruiting within finance essential, as will be the ability to remotely support staff using MS Teams etc. Exceptional IT skills, ideally using MS Dynamics 365 or Xero desirable though the aptitude to quickly adapt to new platforms fully welcomes. This is a modern role with a modern company and would be very well suited to a commercially astute individual who enjoys making things work better, developing a team, and ultimately creating a slick accounting function within a fast-changing business.
For further details on this exciting opportunity that could quickly propel the successful candidate’s career, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR8069 as soon as possible. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.