Credit Controller - Plymouth or Exeter / remote - £28-32,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by one of our very longstanding clients, a high profile professional services business with an outstanding reputation for employee retention and development. Due to the impending retirement of the existing incumbent, the firm seek to recruit an experienced Credit Controller to join the finance team on a permanent, full time basis. The role is offered on a blended arrangement with up to three days working remotely and two days at the company’s offices - either Plymouth or Exeter to suit the successful candidate.
Working closely with the Finance Director, a finance team of six, and many of the firm’s partners, the successful candidate will play a lead role in aged debtor management and will require a professional, tactful and tenacious attitude to their work. Key responsibilities to include:
- Monitor accounts receivable ledger to identify clients that pose a potential financial risk
- Develop effective relationships with clients in order to manage any payment difficulties
- Ensure strict internal controls and aged debtor protocols are applied at all times
- Ensure that invoicing systems are maintained for accuracy
- Invoice reconciliations to be completed in a timely manner
- Provide regular debtor reports with full commentary and action plan
- Issue ageing debt notices
- Recover outstanding debts via a range of written and verbal techniques
- Work closely with partners and colleagues to resolve all matters relating to aged debt
Are you the person that we’re looking for? For this role we’re looking for an experienced, confident Credit Controller with an up to date knowledge of debtor management procedures. This is a role where personal qualities and strong customer service skills will be key; a balancing act of persistence and tenacity but with a sympathetic, caring attitude to clients that are experiencing payment difficulties. No formal qualification is required but a good understanding of accounts receivable and debt control techniques is a must.
It’s not just career development of offer here either. The company offers exceptional financial benefits, impressive modern premises and the opportunity to work with a friendly, highly experienced team. For further details and to apply, please get in touch with Steve Roach quoting reference SR8064.