Accounts Assistant - Okehampton - £25,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a very fast growing specialist manufacturing business based close to Okehampton. The company has multiple income streams made up of a UK wide partner network and its own e-commerce arm, both of which have generated a sizeable increase in sales. The business now seeks to recruit an additional Accounts assistant to join their growing finance function on a permanent, full time and on-site basis.
This is an interesting and broad role that will have a strong focus on stock accounting. Working as part of a ten-strong team, the role reports to a very experienced Financial Controller, the successful candidate will have responsibilities in the following areas of the accounting function:
- Support all members of the finance team, particularly the Financial Controller and Finance Analyst
- Ensure stock value is correctly recorded via business finance systems
- Investigate and resolve stock monitoring issues and/or errors
- Effective accounting and reporting of monthly stock close
- Set up new products
- Reconciliation of stock accounts
- Take a lead role in managing stock movement transactions and deal with queries from merchant network
- Act as a key contact during stock taking and audit
- Record stock transfers on ERP
- Monitor and record stock losses
- Provide detailed management info where required
This is an entry level accounting role that calls for strong analytical aptitude and ideally, at least 6-12 months of recently gained experience, ideally with a strong knowledge of POS, stock management gained in a retail/factory/warehousing environment. Candidates may be part/fully AAT qualified or qualified by experience, but must possess excellent all round IT aptitude particularly using MS Office products. This is a role that regularly liaises with colleagues in all departments and across the UK so excellent team-working and communication skills a must.
The role represents a fantastic opportunity for a switched on individual seeking to develop a long term career in accountancy. This is a fast growing business that have been recognised for their employee care and development, and as such their credentials for staff retention are second-to-none. The company promotes a positive, modern approach to their working environment and offer excellent non-financial benefits and a flexible working arrangement of office or remotely based to suite the successful candidates.
For further details including a detailed role specification, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR8012 ASAP.