Accounts Manager- Exeter - £28-32,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively reengaged by our client, a rapidly expanding owner managed retail business with an extremely strong reputation in Devon. The business has both a shop front and online presence and sales have built significantly via both channels over recent years.
The company now seeks to a recruit an experienced Accounts Manager into a new position where the successful candidate will assume overall responsibility for the business accounting transactions. This is a permanent, full time position, although this employer will consider candidate’s seeking part time working hours by mutual agreement. The role is standalone but will work closely with the company Directors and liaise the company’s Chartered Accountants.
This is a broad and varied role covering all areas of the company’s bookkeeping to include:
- Use of Xero to record all financial transactions
- Accounts preparation for month end reporting
- Accounts to Trial Balance
- Preparing P&L reports
- Purchase and sales ledger management
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Administering some VAT variances including full, partial, and exempt
- Bank reconciliation
- Credit Control
- Petty cash
- Payroll administration (this function may work in conjunction with Human Resources)
- Dealing with customer and supplier queries
- Other office management duties as required
We’re searching for a candidate with experience gained in a similar environment, Bookkeeping for an SME with increasing annual turnover. Candidate’s maybe either qualified by experience or part/fully AAT. The role works with a young and energetic team that promote a non-hierarchal approach to the running of the business. This represents a great opportunity for the successful Bookkeeper to shape, streamline and develop the function and help contribute to the continued expansion of the business.
For further details and to apply, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR7996 as soon as possible.