Financial Controller - Newquay - Circa: £40,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been assigned by a new client, a sizeable Cornish employer and prominent hospitality services business based on the outskirts of Newquay, who seek to recruit a Financial Controller to take a lead role in the operation of their accounting function. This is a high performing company with ambitious plans for continued growth; this opportunity comes about at an opportune time for the successful candidate to cement a long term career with the company. This employer actively promotes staff wellbeing and as such, boasts exceptional employee retention and opportunity to develop.
This is a permanent, full time, and site based opportunity that will report to the company owners, will be supported by the senior management team, and will supervise a team of three finance staff. Key responsibilities to include:
- Lead the function in respect of working closely with business owners, SMT, and supervise a small team
- Produce, deliver, and commentate on detailed management accounts and financial performance of the business
- Ensure compliance to all relevant reporting standards
- Identify cost saving initiatives
- VAT reporting and posting
- Cash & BACS management
- Reporting & Analysis
- Assisting the FD with annual budgeting
- Identify and implement ongoing improvements to the function
- Act as a key point of contact to external stakeholders and major suppliers
- Ensure efficient supplier payment processes
- Management of the payroll function (not administration)
Who we’re looking for: We’re looking for a dynamic, energetic, and down-to-earth Financial Controller with a demonstrable history of success. A professionally qualified individual (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), or suitably qualified by vocational experience, you’ll need a solid background in supervising staff, preparation of financial and management reports, up to date knowledge of accounting standards and budgetary controls, and most certainly a natural leadership style. It’s a big job, but a rewarding one, and well suited to a driven FC who cares about their colleagues as much as their clients.
For a confidential, informal chat, or to move straight to application, please contact Steve Roach in confidence, quoting reference SR7991.