Finance Manager - Truro - Circa: £45,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a long standing and respected specialist services business based in Truro (with free on-site parking for all staff). The company has developed a growing portfolio of long-standing clients, partly a result of their excellent record for staff retention and CPD.
They now seek to recruit an experienced Finance Manager to join them in a newly created position. The successful candidate will act as finance number one and will play a lead role in all aspects of the company’s end-to-end accounting, including commentating on financial performance to the board. Managing a small transactional accounting team and working as part of the senior management team, the successful candidate will enjoy a challenging and interesting position that entails a broad range of scope:
- Act as key point of contact for company accounting matters
- Providing regular management accounts and reports with commentary
- Financial reporting and statutory accounting
- Lead year end procedures and work with Chartered Accountants
- Management of the aged debtor function
- General bookkeeping to include accruals, prepayments, journal entries etc.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Management and development of team members
For this role we’re looking for an experienced Finance Manager or an exceptional Assistant Accountant who is able to step up to a number-one position. Candidate’s will ideally be professionally qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA although our client is open to receiving the details of those that consider themselves to be suitable qualified through vocational experience. Either way, a good understanding of the accounting challenges faced by a fast paced and growing SME essential. Good general IT exposure and the ability to lead and influence a small team would be highly advantageous.
In addition to a generous remuneration package, our client offers a wide range of attractive non-financial benefits and incentives - full details to shortlisted candidates. For further details and to apply, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR7886 ASAP.