Finance & Office Manager - Barnstaple - £23-27,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively assigned by a past client based in Barnstaple, a highly successful, family operated specialist services business. The company currently seek to recruit an experienced Finance & Office Manager to join their small head office team on a permanent, full time basis. The role works within a busy but extremely friendly team and the successful candidate will work closely alongside the owners as well as supervising a small team.
The role is broad in nature but principally finance focussed although the successful candidate will also assume office management tasks. Typical responsibilities to include:
- Preparation of annual accounts to Trial Balance
- Production of basic management accounts
- VAT reporting
- Bank reconciliations
- Aged Debtor management
- Overseeing payroll function
- Supervising the accounts payable and receivable function
- Preparing accounts for onward submission to Chartered Accountants
- Working with a range of external suppliers including invoice financing facilities
- Petty cash control
- Administering expense claims
- Supervision of 2 part time and one full time member of staff
- Office management duties to include vehicle maintenance, insurance provision, stationary provision etc.
We’re looking for an experienced Bookkeeper or Accounts Manager, ideally with the aptitude to lead the office management duties. Candidates may be part/fully AAT qualified or QBE but should possess at least three years of recently gained experience in a similar role. The company is currently using a dated accounting platform and would welcome a candidate with the ability to update the current system. Essentially, this is a role with a great deal of autonomy and a good opportunity for a candidate to shape and streamline the function to their own liking.
For further details and to apply, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR7784 as soon as possible.