Senior Finance Officer - Newquay - £25-30,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively retained by a leading Cornish charity who are seeking to recruit for several positions within their accounting team, including this permanent opportunity for a Senior Finance Officer. The organisation has grown considerably over the years and with several major income streams secured, is set to continue to do so. We have worked with the organisation on several occasions and their team are extremely friendly, professional and passionate about the work of the charity.
The Senior Finance Officer will play a key role within the accounting function with several key internal and external relationships and overseeing the work of one Finance Officer. Reporting to the senior finance team, the successful candidate will enjoy a broad and varied role to include the following responsibilities:
- Supervise and support one member of staff
- Production of accurate monthly financial accounts with balance sheets, KPI’s and graphical analysis
- Play a key role in attending financial and senior management meetings
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
- Support the CEO and SMT in completion of returns to The Charity Commission
- Bank reconciliations
- Devise internal audit systems
- Maintenance of accounting system (Sage Line 50)
- Maintenance and administration of aged debtor
For this role we’re seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant or Finance Officer with a proven track record of bookkeeping, maintaining and streamlining accounting processes and with good IT skills (ideally using Sage). Excellent interpersonal skills essential and some experience of supervising staff desirable (though not essential assuming the right aptitude). Experience gained in a charity environment also desirable but certainly not a pre-requisite. Needless to say, a general supporting of the charities work would be highly advantageous.
For further details and to apply, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR7767 ASAP.