Part Time Accounts Assistant - Redruth - £20-25,000 FTE
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively assigned to source an experienced part time Accounts Assistant for a most unique and highly successful listed services business based in Pool. The name will be synonymous within the Cornish community and is experiencing exponential growth. This is a brand-new role within the business that will work a part time working week off approx. 22.5 with hours negotiable to suit all parties.
The role encompasses all aspects of day-to-day bookkeeping and month end accounts preparation that would be expected of a busy, fast paced and highly successful business. The successful candidate will report to the company’s Finance Manager but have regular liaison with the CFO and senior management team. Principal responsibilities include:
- Processing of invoices, credit card statements and expense claims into a Sage driven accounting platform
- Assist in the preparation of monthly VAT returns
- Maintaining accounts payable postings and preparing payment runs
- Preparation of journal entries, month-end transactions, prepayments and recurring entries to produce monthly trial balance
- Month end reconciliations including bank reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, accruals and intercompany reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of internal management reports, including budgeting and variance analysis
- Assist with in the preparation for the annual audit and quarterly reviews
We’re looking for an experienced candidate, either part or fully AAT or QBE. The company would consider supporting ongoing AAT or potentially professional studies where relevant. Applicants must possess strong month end bookkeeping experience, ideally using Sage and with good all-round MS Excel experience. The role works as part of a small but growing team and will not be purely isolated to finance, with regular commentary between all areas of the business.
For further details and to apply, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR7526 at your earliest convenience.