Legal Cashier (part or full time) - Truro - Circa: £25,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been assigned by a long-established law firm based in Truro who currently seek to recruit a Legal Cashier to join their friendly team. This is an urgent requirement where our client hopes to have the recruitment process completed as quickly as possible. This employer is happy to consider candidates with a preference for either full or part time hours.
Working closely alongside the partners and liaising with both clients and suppliers, this is a pivotal role where the successful incumbent will manage the general accounting lifecycle. The role will be particularly well suited to a commercially minded, dynamic individual who enjoys process improvement, system implementation and quality financial reporting (both management and statutory).
Key responsibilities of the role to include:
- General upkeep and performance improvements to the accounting systems and processes
- Management of general accounting functions; sales and purchase ledger, credit control, payroll, monthly management accounts, variance reports and bank reconciliations
- Statutory reporting to include VAT, corporate tax returns and payroll data
- Present summarised financial information to the senior management team
- Assist with annual audit preparation
The successful candidate will likely be:
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience with at least 12 months of experience gained within a legal environment
- Possess a good understanding of Solicitors Accounts Rules (SARS)
- Comfortable in a fast paced, rapid growth environment
- An excellent communicator with very strong commercial awareness
In return you’ll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and you’ll work in a professional yet friendly work environment. If you are interested and want to learn more, please send your CV to Steve Roach quoting SR7367.