Commercial Costing/Tendering Manager - St. Austell - £40,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been assigned by our longstanding client, a highly specialised engineering service provider with advanced growth plans (currently over 17 live vacancies!), who seek to recruit an experience Commercial Manager to join their team close to St. Austell. The role would be well suited to commercial finance manager with a background in engineering/construction and with strong management accounting, costing, pricing and budgeting expertise.
The role reports to the MD & CFO and manages a team of three working within the tendering and costing function. Key responsibilities to include:
- Ensuring that tenders are delivered on time
- Ensuring accuracy of cost model Vs standard costings
- Management of the tendering team; allocation of tenders, capacity planning, representing the company at project meetings, training and team development
- Ensure continuous evolution on costing and tendering processes by working with the management accountant and supply chain heads
- Risk management and governance
- Monthly reporting to CFO
- Developing Dynamics 365 ERP
The successful candidate will likely have a civil engineering or construction background and be fully versed in NEC3 contracts and associated risks. Ideally, applicants should have a good understanding of the financial controls facing a fast-paced engineering business, especially management accounting and WIP reporting. The successful candidate will have strong commercial acumen and possess solid experience in tendering and bid management. Exceptional IT skills required with good MS Excel modelling and ideally Dynamics 365 platform experience. The role fits into the group hierarchy at a senior level and will communicate with internal and external stakeholders across all areas of the business so excellent organisational and interpersonal skills are also requisite.
For further details including a detailed role specification, please contact Steve Roach quoting reference SR7273.