Assistant Accountant - Redruth - Circa: £30,000 neg DOE
Wondering if you’re ever going to take your accountancy career where you want in your current role? Here’s an opportunity with a difference.
Trial Balance Consulting have been engaged by a well-established and highly successful manufacturing business that has experienced respectable growth in recent years, through both expansion of services and internal headcount. They now seek to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their team on a full time, permanent basis. The difference here is that the existing Finance Manager is beginning to plan their retirement and it is hoped that the successful candidate will succeed them.
This will be a broad and interesting role where the successful candidate will play a key position in ensuring the efficient day-to-day financial operations of three business entities (effectively three functions), supported by a highly experienced Finance Manager and small team of Accounts Administrators.
Key responsibilities (initially):
- Support the Finance Manager in maintaining the financial health of the organisation
- Play a lead role in the production of detailed management accounts with financial commentary
- Assist in the upkeep of the AP/AR function
- Monitor and develop key controls and accounting processes
- Assist the Finance Manager with all aspects of aged debtor management
- Support production of year end accounts
- Analysis and computation of invoice factored transactions
- Assist in all aspects of monthly payroll
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Variance analysis
- Support Finance Manager with ongoing financial projects
- VAT reporting
For this role we seek a candidate with genuine ambition and a real hunger to advance their career to Finance Manager level. Suitable applicants will probably, though not essentially be operating to at least AAT level 3/4 though exceptional QBE’s or those that have already commenced professional study will be happily considered; applicants from both practice, commercial or not-for-profit environments considered. Good IT aptitude with strong MS Excel and digital accounting experience will be essential. The role works as part of an experienced and happy team where exceptional camaraderie come naturally. They look forward to welcoming an equally forward thinking colleague to the team.
For further details of this rare and interesting opportunity, please contact Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB9652 as soon as possible. Interviews are likely to be scheduled quickly following submission so please don’t delay!