Are you looking to further your tax career with a very successful and supportive employer? This could be just the role for you…
My client is an extremely successful firm with multiple offices across the South-West and an excellent reputation for employee development and internal training.
Working alongside a high performing tax consulting team, your duties in this varied role will include:
- Scoping and costing new projects
- Preparing risk assessments to identify key tax issues to be considered
- Liaising directly with clients and engagement teams to understand and document legal, accounting and commercial background to engagements
- Drafting tax advice for review by senior team members
- Seeking clearances and advance assurance from HMRC
- Reviewing transaction documents for consistency with tax advice given
- Reviewing tax deeds and warranties in transaction documents
- Reviewing target company information and preparing transaction due diligence reports
- Preparing complex corporation tax returns and reviewing lower complexity returns
- Liaising with non-UK firms in the to obtain input on international tax projects and preparing advice on the impact of UK and non-UK taxes
- Monitoring project budgets and preparing fees.
And the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Good level of post qualification experience in a tax environment, exposed to range of complex assignments, or able to demonstrate equivalent
- CTA and / or ACA / ACCA qualified (or willing to work towards the CTA qualification)
- Experience of public practice, with the competence to deal with managing a portfolio of corporate tax clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to deal with people at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative
- Accurate and able to work well under pressure
- Good problem solving skills
If this sounds like the role for you, I want to hear from you ASAP. Please apply today addressed to Rob Emsley quoting job reference RE8323B.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.