Are you an experienced audit professional looking to fast track your career in a leading firm? If so then I want to hear from you...
My client is a very well-respected firm with several offices in the local area and has experienced impressive growth in recent years. Increased demand on the audit side has resulted in this newly created role which can be based in either Exeter or Torquay.
You will be working with a very impressive team of professionals on the planning and execution of audits for a broad reaching portfolio of clients including many of the region's largest corporations, charities and not for profit organisations.
Your specific duties will include:
- Planning, carrying out and completing statutory audits of corporate clients, both on-site and back in the office
- Taking responsibility for managing workloads and meeting deadlines
- Leading the audit team on-site, ensuring audit procedures are adhered to fully, all hours are correctly recorded and budgets are met
- Supervising and supporting the work of less experienced team members
- Liaising with client staff, which often includes non-accounts personnel
- Producing work for Manager and/ or Partner review, clearly highlighting technical or client-specific issues and providing possible solutions where required.
And the successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- ACA/ ACCA qualified (or equivalent), although part-qualified with relevant experience will also be considered
- Statutory audit experience, gained in a public practice environment, ideally including experience of group audits and preparing consolidated financial statements, but not essential
- Full, clean driving licence
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently, or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Experience in using automated audit software and computer-based accounts and tax compilation programmes; plus advanced MS Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
If this sounds like the kind of role that you’ve been looking for, then I want to hear from you. Please apply today quoting job reference RE7042.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.