Trial Balance is working with a leading firm of Chartered Accountants with multiple offices and service offerings across the South West, to locate a high calibre Accounts Assistant to join their busy team. This company has an excellent reputation for internal training and offering great career development opportunities for its' staff.
Working closely with Client Managers and Partners, your duties in this role will include:
• Preparing accounts for incorporated and un-incorporated businesses, including partnerships/ LLPs, sole traders and OMBs
• Preparing individual, business and company tax computations
• Preparing VAT returns
• Providing bookkeeping services
• Handling written, telephone and email queries from clients
• Dealing with clients on a regular basis, occasionally at the clients premises
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
• AAT qualified (or equivalent) or qualified by experience
• Previous experience in accounts preparation for partnerships/ LLPs and limited companies
• Proficient in MS Office 2007 (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook), Xero and Sage
• Experience of electronic accounting packages
• Knowledge of personal and business tax regulations, VAT and PAYE an advantage
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
In exchange my client offers a professional and modern working environment, excellent training and development opportunities, and study and CPD support alongside a highly competitive salary. Please apply addressed to Rob Emsley and quoting job reference RE6223.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.