Trial Balance is working with a leading firm of Chartered Accountants with multiple offices and service offerings across the South West, to locate a high calibre Accounts Assistant to join their busy team. This company has an excellent reputation for internal training and offering great career development opportunities for its' staff.
Working closely with Client Managers and Partners, your duties in this role will include:
- Dealing with the completion of annual accounts and tax computations, for both incorporated and un-incorporated businesses with up to £5M turnover
- Dealing with the completion and submission of self-assessment tax returns for Business Services clients
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
- Dealing with the completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Dealing with the completion of sub-contractors returns and ensuring that CIS requirements are met
- Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements
- Drafting correspondence for clients; liaising with HMRC, by telephone and email
- Providing varied administrative and business set-up services for clients
- Supervising, and supporting the work of less experienced team members
- Training student staff
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience
- Experienced in accounts preparation for partnerships/LLPs and limited companies
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients
- Experience of electronic accounting packages
- Familiarisation with personal and business tax regulations, plus VAT and PAYE
- Proficient in MS Office 2007 (ie. Excel, Word, Outlook), Sage, Xero and QBO
- Calm and efficient under pressure, with the ability to respond to client enquires promptly, accurately and efficiently
- Confident, professional and team orientated in approach
In exchange my client offers a professional and modern working environment, excellent training and development opportunities, and study and CPD support alongside a highly competitive salary. Please apply addressed to Rob Emsley and quoting job reference RE5845.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.