This role will see you take responsibility for a varied portfolio of sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, and your duties will include:
• Assisting managers with the running of large varied, portfolios of owner managed business clients with the opportunity of taking responsibility for own portfolio within the short to medium term
• Working closely with Partners/Managers to ensure clients’ needs are met, and supporting them in dealing with their responsibilities to clients
• Overseeing the preparation of annual accounts, Corporation Tax computations and Personal Self- Assessment Income Tax Returns
• Overseeing the provision of book-keeping and VAT compliance services
• Identifying financial, commercial and tax planning opportunities for clients
• Providing routine tax, accounting and general commercial advice to clients
• Resolving accounting and tax problems as they arise
• Ensuring that working papers, financial statements, tax returns and client files are prepared in accordance with the firm’s accepted standards
• Supervising junior staff, and supporting them as appropriate.
Applicants for this role should fit the following criteria:
• An experienced qualified professional – ACA/ACCA or AAT
• Good technical accounting and tax knowledge at the level needed to provide sound advice of a non-specialist nature
• Enthusiastic self-starter, who enjoys new client activity and the opportunity to progress career to higher levels
• Personable and approachable to clients, flexible and committed to complete work to deadlines
• Knowledge of Cloud accounting software packages (e.g. Sage, QBO, Xero, etc.)
In exchange my client offers a very professional working environment, excellent in house training and career development opportunities, and ongoing study and CPD support where appropriate.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join one of the region’s most prestigious firms. Apply today addressed to Rob Emsley and quoting job reference RE5307.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.