Interim Assistant Accountant – St. Ives - £Neg DOE
Trial Balance Consultant have been exclusively engaged by a long established and highly successful services business that urgently seek to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant to join them at their headquarters in St. Ives. This is a full time, interim role to cover a period of maternity leave with a fixed duration of 12 months.
The successful candidate will act as second in command to the company’s Finance Manager, and work closely with a small finance team. This is a broad role that will entail interaction across all areas of the accounting function. Key responsibilities to include:
- Daily bookkeeping using bespoke accounting system
- Bank reconciliations
- Overseeing the accounts payable function and manage supplier payment runs
- Assist in the production of management accounts
- Take a lead role in aged debtor management
- Reconciling credit card payments
- Posting journals, accruals and depreciation
- Prepare monthly payroll and administer employee expenses claims
- Assist with month and year end reporting
- Stand in for Finance Manager during holidays and absences
For this role we’re looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant or an Accounts Assistant looking to take the step up. The role would also be well suited to a standalone Bookkeeper wishing to work within a small team. Candidates may be part/fully AAT qualified or consider themselves to be qualified by vocational experience. Good all-round accounting experience and use of modern accounting platforms essential. The role works with colleagues throughout the business and regularly liaises with long standing customers so excellent communication and customer service skills a must!
For further details and to apply for this opportunity, please contact Jay Vilarrubi-Smith quoting reference JVS8566 ASAP. Our client has advised that they hope to arrange interviews immediately upon submission of suitable candidate details so please do not delay!