Company Accountant / Bookkeeper - Newton Abbot - Circa: £35,000 Negotiable DOE
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively re-engaged by a previous client, a highly successful electrical and mechanical consulting business based in Newton Abbott to recruit a Company Accountant.
This is an interesting and broad-ranging opportunity where the successful candidate will manage full control over the accounting function of this growing business. The current accounting protocols have been efficiently structured but the incoming incumbent will enjoy the autonomy of being able to streamline and improve the function as they see fit. It’s a well-respected and crucial role within the business. Key responsibilities to include (but not limited to):
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Monthly management reporting
- Manage all sub-contractor accounting activities
- Bank reconciliations
- VAT preparation and submissions
- Manage the outsourcing of payroll
- Generate P&L, balance sheet and other reports
- Production of management reports - P&L, balance sheet etc.
- Preparing and conducting supplier payments
- Petty cash management
- Working closely with the Managing Director (a Chartered Accountant), and provide ongoing commentary on financial performance
- Regular liaison and handover with Chartered Accountants
Our client is refreshingly open minded where person spec is concerned and we welcome applications from part/fully professionally qualified candidates (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), and those that consider themselves to be QBE. They seek to recruit a candidate with at-least 2-3 years of experience gained within an SME and a good understanding of full cycle accounting.
Previous experience gained within a contracting environment and knowledge of the CIS scheme would be highly advantageous. The business uses Xero accounting software and candidates should possess strong IT aptitude and a sound knowledge of MS Office products.
As important as strong technical experience, a great culture fit is important in this role and excellent communication skills are a must. The post holder will converse regularly with colleagues, customers and external suppliers so a cheerful disposition will be a must!
For further details and to apply, please contact Jay Vilarrubi-Smith quoting reference JVS8529 ASAP.