Accounts Assistant - St Austell / Hybrid - £23,000- £25,000
*Please note that our client will consider applicants seeking both a full and part time working hours. Please specify preference at point of application*
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by a new client, a very rapidly expanding manufacturing services business based in St. Austell. The company seeks to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join their expanding team on a full time permanet basis.
This role will be principally based in St. Austell but with definite scope for hybrid/flexible working following completion of probation.
Working closely with your line mangers, the successful candidate will play a lead role in assisting with the company’s day-to-day bookkeeping and general accounting. This person will also be responsible for aged debtor management and will require a professional, tactful and tenacious attitude to their work. Key responsibilities to include:
- Assist the Finance Manager with all aspects of day-to-day accounting
- Take lead responsibility for the maintenance of the accounts payable and receivable function
- Invoice reconciliations to be completed in a timely manner
- Monitor accounts receivable ledger to identify clients that pose a potential financial risk
- Develop effective relationships with clients in order to manage any payment difficulties
- Ensure strict internal controls and aged debtor protocols are applied at all times
- Ensure that invoicing systems are maintained for accuracy
- Provide regular debtor reports with full commentary and action plan
- Issue ageing debt notices
- Recover outstanding debts via a range of written and verbal techniques
For this role we’re looking for an exerienced all round Finance Assistnat with Credit Control experience or with a strong willingness to learn on the job! This is a role where personal qualities and strong customer service skills will be key; a balancing act of persistence and tenacity but with a sympathetic, caring attitude to clients that are experiencing payment difficulties. No formal qualification is required but a good understanding of accounts receivable and debt control techniques is a must.
It’s not just career development of offer here either. The company offers exceptional financial benefits, impressive modern premises and the opportunity to work with a friendly, highly experienced team. For further details and to apply, please get in touch with Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB9457.