Assistant Management Accountant - Dartmouth - £30-32,000
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by another of our long standing clients, an innovative manufacturing business and with a highly sought-after product range, often considered one of the market leaders in the field across the UK and Europe. We’ve assisted the business on numerous occasions during the company’s rapid growth and they now seek to recruit an Assistant Management Accountant to further strengthen their team.
This a newly created, permanent and full time role that will be based at the company’s Dartmouth based HQ. Working as part of a highly experienced and friendly finance team, the successful candidate will enjoy a diverse role that participates in many areas of the accounting lifecycle, but with a core focus in the production of management accounts. Key responsibilities to include:
- Act as a key point of contacts in the accounts receivable function - generating invoices, sales contracts and monitoring debtors
- Assist in the production of monthly management accounts and associated reports
- Day-to-day accounting using Xero
- Oversee one purchase ledger clerk to ensure an efficient accounts payable function
- Assist Financial Controller in stock and cost accounting exercises
- Multi currency bank reconciliations
-Accruals and prepayments
- Maintenance of fixed asset register
- Employee timesheet analysis
For this role we seek a candidate with at least 18 months of recently gained general finance experience ideally, though not essentially, gained with a manufacturing business. Applicants may be AAT qualified, working towards a professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), or with relevant vocational experience (QBE). The successful candidate should possess good MS Excel skills and a strong aptitude for grasping modern accounting (Xero experience would be desirable). Whilst strong technical accounting skills are obviously a given, our client has made strong emphasis on the importance of personable and team-working qualities. The role works within a highly efficient, friendly and motivated team in a business where finance is respected and regularly consulted by colleagues in all areas of the business.
For further details and to apply, please contact Steve Roach ASAP quoting reference SR8271.