Finance Manager - Plymouth - To: £45,000
Trial Balance Consulting are delighted to have been exclusively engaged by one of Plymouth’s most exciting and rapidly growing businesses, a modern consumer services business that are genuinely leading in their sector. It’s a fast paced business, helmed by an exceptionally talented and experienced senior management team, including a recently appointed CFO.
As the business continues to expand at a rate of knots, the CFO is now assembling an experienced group of accounting colleagues and plans to build a highly streamlined department that will be ready to adapt to a significant increase in turnover. The new Finance Manager will play a pivotal role in developing this function.
Working closely with the CFO and Head of Finance, the Finance Manager will support a team of four ambitious transactional staff. The key focus of this role will be to manage the day-to-day financial controls of the business. Key features of the role to include:
- Management, support and development of the finance team. The business cares a great deal for its employees and this kept staff retention very high
- Develop and implement improvements and future-proofing to the finance function
- Production of management accounts with commentary
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Analysis of sales and performance against business plans
- Cash flow forecasting
- VAT reporting
- Act as the lead the contact when liaising with auditors
- Support the CFO and Head of Finance in major accounting projects
Who we’re looking for: A technically and commercially astute individual, the successful candidate will be either a qualified individual (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), or have demonstrable vocational experience. A naturally people focussed professional, the Finance Manager will lead by example, supporting the company’s history of supporting and developing staff from within. The CFO and senior management team are openminded and appreciate that the recruitment market place is trickier than usual, so there is no box ticking exercise to complete here, they simply seek a committed, talented and broadminded accountant with genuine motivation to develop.
For further details including a detailed company brief, please contact Elle Benjamin with reference EB8132 ASAP. All enquiries treated in the strictest of confidence.