Finance Manager - Full or part time - Truro / Remote - £35-40,000 Neg DOE
This assignment represents a recruiter’s utopia. It’s as close to perfect as an accounting opportunity can be.
It’s not often we’d open an advertisement with such bold claims so if you’re wondering what makes this position so special, spare a few moments to read on. We’ve been exclusively retained by an employer whose energy and positivity are infectious. Their team are happy, engaged, friendly, and they’re masters at what they do. And that’s why they’ve been able to build one of the most successful SME marketing businesses to emerge from Cornwall. But they’ve not stopped there; their client base is now truly international and with offices located throughout the UK, the business has no intention of holding back. The company, its culture, and its ethos sell its self.
They’ve tasked us with sourcing a talented Finance Manager, a position of pivotal importance and one where the successful candidate will be respected and encouraged to add value to all areas of the business. This role is permanent, offers flexible hybrid working with two days per week of remote working for those that seek it, and can be operated on either a full or part time basis to suit both sides.
Working closely with the company directors, senior management team, and colleagues across all locations, and in all divisions, it’s a broad and interesting role that will be supported by a very talented assistant accountant. It’s a finance-number-one position where the successful candidate will enjoy free reign to shape and develop the finance function for maximum efficiency, minimal paper, and to add true commercial value to the accounting lifecycle. Key features to include:
- Lead and develop the finance function whilst supervising one Assistant Accountant
- Ensure robust and efficient financial controls across three locations
- Implement and develop modern accounting technology for maximum automation using Xero
- Act as the go-to accounting expert for colleagues, customers, and external stakeholders
- Produce and commentate on month end management reports
- Work closely with the company’s down-to-earth firm of Chartered Accountants
- Bank reconciliations and balance sheet controls for two business brands
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- Budget preparation and cash flow forecasting
- Lead the statutory accounting requirements of the business
- Dividend management and reporting
The successful candidate: This is no box ticking exercise and our client is genuinely open minded. Professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), or QBE, this is a role where experience and attitude counts more than anything. As a technically competent and commercially astute Finance Manager, this employer seeks to recruit a candidate that will quickly understand the quirks, challenges, and the opportunities that exist within the marketing sector. The ability to mentor and develops a longstanding member of the team, liaise with senior management across the UK and to build on existing client relations are must-have skills, as is a passion for modern accounting techniques. The role is as strategic as it is operational and represents a fantastic opportunity for a motivated FM who perhaps feels held back in their current role.
For a confidential conversation, a well-considered role specification, and to apply, please contact Elle Benjamin quoting reference EB8117 without delay.