Finance Manager - Plymouth - £45-55,000
What is it that drives somebody to hit the apply button when reviewing a vacancy listing? Improved remuneration and benefits? Career development? Responsibility? Leadership potential? A balance of challenge vs reward? The prospect of working with a highly respected employer? All of those points and more? If you’re a senior finance professional in West Devon and one or more of those apply to you, please read on.
Working closely with a very experienced Finance Director, this is an all-encompassing position within the business where the successful candidate will immediately take a seat on the financial management team as well as playing a key role in other areas of the business operations to include human resources and payroll operations. The Finance Manager will also enjoy the autonomy to develop and improve the existing function to suit the needs of a rapidly growing company. Core focus of the role to include:
- Supervision of a team of six transactional and reporting accounting colleagues
- Work closely with the Finance Director in the implementation and roll out of a new accounting system
- Production of regular management accounts and possess the ability to commentate financial performance to senior management team/directors
- Manage the statutory accounting function including VAT reporting and PAYE submissions
- Lead responsibility for all accounting protocols and maintaining robust internal controls
- Ensure compliance to all relevant reporting standards
- Identify and implement improvements to the function
- Act as a key point of contact to clients, stakeholders, and major suppliers
- Ensure efficient supplier payment processes
- Management of the payroll function (not administration)
- Preparation for annual audit
- Assist in the development of HR and people management policy
Think you’ve got what it takes? We’re looking for a dynamic, energetic, and down-to-earth Finance Manager with a demonstrable history of success. A professionally qualified individual (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), you’ll need a solid background in supervising staff, preparation of financial and management reports, up to date knowledge of accounting standards and budgetary controls, and most certainly a natural leadership style. It’s a big job, but a rewarding one, and well suited to a driven FM who cares about the development of the colleagues they support.
Interested? Great, I’d love to tell you more. For a confidential, informal chat, or to move straight to application, please contact Elle Benjamin in confidence, quoting reference EB8106.